No limits, no barriers, freedom is the power of mobility.
toward the cost of installing adaptive equipment in the Hyundai.
Eligibility Requirements and Program Details
What vehicles are eligible?
- Select new and unused Hyundai vehicles sold or leased and delivered to a retail customer by an authorized Hyundai dealership in the U.S.A. are eligible for reimbursement under this program.
- Fleet sales vehicles that have received Final Pay and vehicles purchased from a source other than an authorized dealer of Hyundai Motor America are not eligible.
What equipment is eligible?
- Any aftermarket alterations or equipment installation on an eligible Hyundai vehicle that provides to the user convenient access and/or the ability to drive the vehicle.
- Equipment which is not clearly related to a specific medical need, such as altering devices, swivel seats, pedal extensions, and running boards, will require original medical documentation clearly detailing the physical disability or permanent impairment for which the equipment is intended. This documentation must be prepared on a letterhead by a licensed, certified medical or medical-related professional.
- The mobility equipment must be installed by an authorized Adaptive Equipment Company NOT a Hyundai dealership within 6 months of the vehicle purchase or lease.
- Damage caused by unapproved or improperly installed adaptive equipment, alert hearing devices, and accessories will not be covered under the Hyundai new-car warranty. Owners should refer to the Hyundai Warranty and Service booklet for additional warranty information.
- Labor for equipment transferred from the old vehicle into the new Hyundai vehicle is only eligible when the cost of the labor is clearly stated in the invoice from the adaptive equipment company.
- Hyundai accessories are NOT eligible for reimbursement.
- The National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration (NHTSA) has provided tips on modifying or purchasing adapted vehicles.
- If you are recently disabled or unsure of the specific adaptive equipment required to meet your needs, Hyundai recommends that you consult with a Driving Rehabilitation Specialist.
- Maximum Mobility reimbursement is up to $1,000 of the total equipment and labor costs.
- Only one reimbursement per customer.
- Reimbursements will be made to the customer only—not to the dealership or any adaptive equipment company.
- The mobility equipment must be installed within six months of the vehicle purchase or lease.
- The Hyundai Mobility Form and required documentation must be submitted to Hyundai Motor America within 60 days of complete installation of adaptive equipment.
- Hyundai Mobility financial assistance cannot be applied toward the purchase or lease of a new Hyundai vehicle.
- Hyundai Motor America assumes no responsibility for death, injury, or expenses that may result from the installation of adaptive equipment, alert hearing devices, and non-genuine Hyundai Accessories.
- The offer is good from January 3, 2019 through January 4, 2021.
Once you’ve purchased a vehicle and your adaptive equipment has been installed, collect copies of the following documents:
- The Purchase Agreement or Sales Contract
- Itemized and paid invoice(s) from the adaptive equipment company. The invoice must clearly state the customer’s full name, the eligible Hyundai vehicle, and the Hyundai Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
- Your vehicle’s registration
- If the equipment is not clearly related to a specific medical need, you’ll also need documentation from a medical professional that states the purpose of the equipment (please see “What equipment is eligible?” above).
Next, complete the Claim Form.
Mail Us Your Claim
Hyundai Motor America
10550 Talbert Avenue
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
Be sure to make a copy of your paperwork for your records.